You are capable in using our vast amounts of data, create (real-time) data driven models and decision systems (e.g. to detect and predict health of dairy cattle), utilizing modern data science techniques for classification, regression and anomaly detection problems. Furthermore you can closely collaborate in a data science team with highly motivated software developers to create innovative but robust data pipelines and to design efficient algorithms. You will also attend relevant big data and machine learning conferences.
The goals of this position is to generate innovations that lead to better lives of cows, farmers and the society at large. Those innovations are either genetic solutions or decision support solutions. They should lead to cows that live long and healthy and convert feed unfit for human consumption into highly nutritious milk and meat, with minimal impact on the environment.
CRV is a major herd improvement cooperative heavily impacting the global dairy industry with their genetics, herd management products and services. Over the last 150 years CRV has collected data on millions of cows and thousands of farms. CRV has very strong IT and software development departments to offer products to dairy farmers. Today, our data platform is rapidly expanding with detailed DNA profile data and data from milking robots. We are constantly looking for improved ways to unlock the potential of our data platform and therefore the Department of Innovation is looking for a Data Scientist.
What we ask
- MSc or PhD in data science, mathematics, computer science or statistics
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of machine learning methodologies and algorithms (We use recent algorithms like LightGBM)
- Strong programming skills (We use Spark with Python in our Hadoop environment)
- Ability to write optimized SQL queries
- Experience in Data Lake systems to maintain data pipelines
- Vision and ambition to make our data science team the best in the global dairy industry
What we can offer
- Good salary with a fulltime contract (36/40 hrs) in Arnhem
- 25 vacation days based on a fulltime contract and 17,5 additional days off
- Good pension arrangement
- Extra’s like: education, training, bonuses
- 130 IT colleagues!
Are you interested?
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Valentijn Berkien, HR-advisor on +31(0)6-83119348
Graag alle onderstaande velden invullen