Can you help our farmers by using data?
CRV is looking for a Data Scientist for the Innovation Department.
CRV has a long history and a lot of experience in handling and analyzing big data sets. However its methods and models to generate algorithms and construct data pipelines need modernizing. Together with the other data scientists of the innovation team you will be pivotal in modernizing CRVs approach to data and will have to opportunity to generate a lot of impact.
Your job is to find solutions for farmers. How can I prevent cows from getting sick by early warning signals? How can I optimally feed a cow to reduce greenhouse gas emissions? Using a wealth of data (sensor data, DNA profiles, weather data,…) you generate algorithms, insights, actionable advise and data pipelines that allow our software development to unlock your findings to farmers.
You will be part of a team of 10 persons, the team consists of PhDs and MSc’s with a lot of self starting capacity. All team members have a passion for working for a farmers cooperative.
- By using our vast amounts of data, create (real-time) data driven models and decision systems (e.g. to detect and predict health of dairy cattle), utilising modern data science techniques for classification, regression and anomaly detection problems
- Closely collaborate in a data science team and with highly motivated software developers to create innovative but robust data pipelines and to design efficient algorithms
- Attend relevant big data and machine learning conferences
- You are strong at understanding the problem of the customer, and understanding that it requires a whole pipeline with data capturing, data analyses, generating insights and presenting them in a relevant manner.
- You are strong at generating algorithms and at collaborating with others to generate the required pipelines.
- MSc or PhD in data science, mathematics, computer science or statistics
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of machine learning methodologies and algorithms (We use recent algorithms like LightGBM)
- Strong programming skills (>2 years work experience) Spark with Python
- Ability to write optimised SQL queries
- Experience in Data Lake systems to maintain data pipelines
- Vision and ambition to make our data science team the best in the global dairy industry
CRV offers you the challenge to be pivotal in modernizing CRVs approach to data and will have to opportunity to generate a lot of impact. If you make make mistakes, which happens, no problem as long as you are willing to learn from them. You can organize your own work and time and it possible to work one day a week from home.
- Based in Arnhem, the Netherlands
- Fulltime employment (25 holidays and 17 additional days)
- Personal development through education and training
- A personal benefit budget, with which, for example a bicycle or fitness subscription can be purchased
- You will get a state of the art windows/unix laptop with two large screens and access to our data platforms
Are you interested?
Then send your application letter and curriculum vitae to Jobs@crv4all.com.
For more information please contact Sijne van der Beek, Manager Innovation, on +31(0)6-53810770.
For more information about the procedure contact Oscar van Dijk, Corporate Recruiter, on +31(0)6-83119348.
CRV is a major herd improvement cooperative heavily impacting the global dairy industry with their genetics, herd management products and services. Over the last 150 years CRV has collected data on millions of cows and thousands of farms. CRV has very strong IT and software development departments to offer products to dairy farmers. Today, our data platform is rapidly expanding with detailed DNA profile data and data from milking robots. We are constantly looking for improved ways to unlock the potential of our data platform.
Graag alle onderstaande velden invullen