CRV is a major herd improvement cooperative heavily impacting the global dairy industry with their genetics, herd management products and services. Over the last 150 years CRV has collected data on millions of cows and thousands of farms. CRV has very strong IT and software development departments to offer products to dairy farmers. Today, our data platform is rapidly expanding with detailed DNA profile data and data from milking robots. We are constantly looking for improved ways to unlock the potential of our data platform and therefore the Department of Innovation is looking for a
Your job is to find solutions for farmers. How can I prevent cows from getting sick by early warning signals? How can I optimally feed a cow to reduce greenhouse gas emissions? Using a wealth of data (sensor data, DNA profiles, weather data,…) you generate algorithms, insights, actionable advise and data pipelines that allow our software development to unlock your findings to farmers.
- By using our vast amounts of data, create (real-time) data driven models and decision systems (e.g. to detect and predict health of dairy cattle), utilising modern data science techniques for classification, regression and anomaly detection problems
- Closely collaborate in a data science team and with highly motivated software developers to create innovative but robust data pipelines and to design efficient algorithms
- Attend relevant big data and machine learning conferences
- MSc or PhD in data science, mathematics, computer science or statistics
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of machine learning methodologies and algorithms (We use recent algorithms like LightGBM)
- Strong programming skills (>2 years work experience) Spark with Python
- Ability to write optimised SQL queries
- Experience in Data Lake systems to maintain data pipelines
- Vision and ambition to make our data science team the best in the global dairy industry
- Based in Arnhem, the Netherlands
- Fulltime employment (25 holidays and 17 additional days)
Are you interested?
Then send your application letter and curriculum vitae to Jobs@crv4all.com.
For more information please contact Sijne van der Beek, Manager Innovation, on +31(0)6-53810770.
For more information about the procedure contact Oscar van Dijk, Corporate Recruiter, on +31(0)6-83119348
Graag alle onderstaande velden invullen