CRV is an innovative herd improvement cooperative that offers dairy and beef farmers worldwide a wide-ranging portfolio of genetics, herd management products and services. Over the last 150 years CRV has collected data on millions of cows and thousands of farms. Today, our data platform is rapidly expanding and changing with for instance detailed DNA profile data and data from sensors in milking robots. We are constantly looking for improved ways to unlock the potential of our data platform and therefore
the Department of Innovation is looking for a Data Engineer
You are the Data Engineer that works with a team of Data Scientists, Statistical Geneticists and Biologists and closely collaborates with our Software Development, BI and IT departments. You will play a key role in bringing CRVs Data Science approach to a next level.
- Develop Data and ETL Pipelines linking our various data bases, data wharehouse and external data sources (including streaming data) to our and from our data lake
- Extract and explore data to enable focused machine learning that generates new decision support tools for farmers
- Develop lo-fi prototypes for new platforms to manage big data (streams)
- Translate the domain expertise of colleagues into deep knowledge on the data CRV has available
- Be a champion of our data: a person that understands the content, quantity, quality and variety of our big data and how to access the data to answer business and research questions.
- You have considerable experience with Hadoop and other big data platforms
- You know how to build data pipelines using proven and novel techniques
- You have experience with data exploration
- You write extendable easy-to-read clean code in Python, Spark, Java, etc.
- You like to investigate what customers and colleagues want and why
- You like to challenge and improve how things are done
- You are eager to be part of a team that develops innovative data driven solutions for farmers, commercial departments and process owners
- Based in Arnhem, the Netherlands
- Fulltime employment
Are you interested?
Then send your application letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Sijne van der Beek, manager Innovation, on +31(0)6-53810770.
Graag alle onderstaande velden invullen